Sunday, February 13, 2011

Internet

I use the internet everyday. For purchasing things online, reading articles, Facebook of course along with various other things. I personally myself can recognize that I have an addiction to Facebook. I know I am addicted because every time I try doing homework that involves my laptop I end up on Facebook for hours on end just seeing what's new with other people. It has greatly affected my homework and study life because it drains much of my time and engulfs me in that world versus the world of my studies which clearly is more important. One way I found that helped fix the whole situation is to not connect to my Wi-Fi at home and just work from home like that. Other than that I found that not being so into it at all and being less stuck on FB has really been the only way in which to help me not get so addicted to FB.
Another thing I find that I was very addicted to was online shopping due to the emails sent to me every morning that I would check with flashing ads saying "30-50% OFF!" It immediately catches my eye and I feel that I MUST BUY SOMETHING. I must admit that it is a very bad habit which I'm working on. The solution to this problem was to remove myself from their online mailing list.

www.facebook.com

1 comment:

  1. Good idea. I must get 10 e-mails a day from online retailers I've ordered from. All the bargains sound great. I can spend hours filling up my carts and then change my mind (which is good), but regret the time wasted.

    ReplyDelete